This kit has been discontinued Click Here to go to the Crown Jewel page.
Click Here to order the Overdrive 2 from our Canadian distributor.
By now you should know that the overwhelming majority of overdrives on the market today are Tube Screamer clones or a modified version of a Tube Screamer. Even some of the "MOSFET" overdrives are simply modified tubescreamers. The BYOC Overdrive 2 raises the bar for TS based boutique overdrives. It has a 2nd independant boost channel while still easily fitting into a 125b size enclosure to save you precious pedal board real estate. The PCB was designed with the builder in mind, so wiring it up and fitting it into the enclosure is a breeze. The BYOC Overdrive 2 also comes with parts for all the essential Tube Screamer mods that have proven to be the favorites of guitar players so you can take tone into your own hands and customize the overdrive pedal you've been searching for.
- ALL the tubescreamer mods you know and love....and then some. We've put the most popular 2 mods on a switch. We've added internal trimpots for both the "More" and "Less" mods so you can dial those in precisely the way you want. And we've come up with a new mod that increases the overall output and distortion of the tube screamer circuit and adds some compression and sag like you'd get from a real tube rectifier making the pedal even more tube like. Or you can just dial the pedal in like a stock TS808 if that's what you want.
- Comes with both the legendary Burr Brown OPA2134 ultra hi-fidelity op amp for the ultimate boutique tone AND the classic and equally legendary JRC4558D op amp for vintage TS808 tone. The op amp is socketed, so you decide.
- A second boost channel that can either be built as a silicon based boost or a MOSFET clean boost
- 3-way clipping switch. Choose from the very popular silicon-none-LED clipping modes or what ever you want to use as a clipping device.
- 3-way EQ switch. Choose from stock with midrange hump, full with less midrange hump, or fat with lots of bottom end
- You guys have been asking to put all the jacks on top. Improved layout that's easier than ever to build
- Compact 125b size enclosure, yet surprisingly easy to operate both the boost and bypass footswitches....even for people with big feet.
- True Bypass
MOSFET op amp - Adds a more tubelike feel to the compression and distortion.
MOSFET clipping - More tubelike distortion.
MOSFET boost - A cleaner boost with a touch of sparkle.
10k tone pot - Makes the EQ more natural and transparent , reduces harsh highs
and noise, and increases the range of the "louder" modification.